Sunday, December 11, 2011

Everything Must Go :(

Now comes the point in our countdown where we have to start packing up our Filipino adventures and putting them into the suitcases. Sadly, at this point the realization hasn't hit us quite yet, and even as we pack, we think its just for a couple days and that we'll soon return. This is not the case. We're literally putting it all in the suitcase.
Well, not EVERYTHING, I guess. Whenever I go on trips like this, or trips anywhere really, I always make sure to pack clothes that I won't mind leaving behind. No matter where your travels take you, you're always going to want to bring stuff back with you. So you need to make sure that you pack stuff that you don't necessarily mind leaving behind. This time around, I pretty much filled my suitcases with things that would be left behind. Except for the clothes I will be wearing on the plane ride home, I aim to leave it all.
LeAnne and I both had bags of clothes that were being left behind. We brought it down to Shielah to tell her our intentions with the remaining clothes. She was excited and thought it would be fun for us to hand out the clothes ourselves. So we organized a little trip to Mainit Falls, where we would personally hand out our clothes and shoes to the people. 
"Why Mainit Falls?" one may ask. Well, after our evangelistic series in October, more than half of our baptized members lived in this area. So we decided that we would give our clothes to them. It was actually a lot of fun and there was never a moment where we regretted saying goodbye to a certain t-shirt of pair of shoes. In fact, at the end, we wished we had more clothes to give. The people were very appreciative and it was such a blessing to witness the smile on their faces when they receive a new article of clothing.
Love these Ladies!!
Afterwards, we headed to the Project to drop off the remainder of the Children's supplies, that were donated by the members of the Green Bay Church, to Tanya's house. When we arrived at the project, the clouds were surrounding the mountains so perfectly, it was Sooo picturesque! Then Baby Haddie came outside and we couldn't resist taking pictures! (Photo Credit goes to LeAnne Cunningham, my new Protege!)
After I emptied my suitcase of all the children's supplies, I had no idea what I would possibly be able to fill it with. I decided that in cases like this, it is best to take the things that mean the most to you. The things that helped to make your trip memorable and that could bring a smile to your face. So, of course, I filled it with the missionary kids. They fit PERFECTLY....but then I figured, their parents might miss them...so I decided I'd just settle with souvenirs :/ 
Believe it or not, by the end of the night our suitcases were full. I have no idea how it happened! Just the joys of being a girl, I guess. You have the power to fill empty suitcases. ;) 
*sigh* Tonight will be our last night in Brookes...I don't think it has officially hit us yet...not sure if it ever REALLY will...
"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it."
~Proverbs 3:27

No comments:

Post a Comment