Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Come Fly With Me!

Since I was little, I have had an obsession with 2 things: story-telling and traveling 

     I blame my Dad for both, really, but mostly the latter. He has always had a fascination with maps and airplanes. In fact, when my sisters and I were little, he would take us on these bike rides to the airport in Green Bay and we would all watch the planes take off and land. And every time, I would watch the passengers board and think to myself "I wish it could be me!"
     My freshman year of High School, I got my wish, as I boarded my first plane on a family vacation to Florida. Afterwards, I found as many excuses as I could to fly, my older sister, Sam, being the main instigator. 
     I started small; flying to visit her down in college, flying to meet her cool places for Spring Break. Then got a little bigger; in the Summer of 2009 when Sam decided she wanted to go to Europe and I followed her over there for a couple weeks. Then got a little bigger; in the Fall of 2010 when Sam decided she wanted to be a missionary overseas for a couple months and I, of course, tagged along for the adventure. That is where I found my niche! After spending 9 months in the Philippines, learning new cultures and all the stories that came with it, I decided that this was definitely something I could see myself doing.
     God makes everyone extremely unique, this I know. So why not use the unique talents, obsessions, and quirks He gave me for His glory? I've decided that I want to go wherever He leads, whether it's across the globe or the next town over. He has a purpose and a plan for everything and I'm just going to Video, Photograph, and Write every adventure He guides me on. 
So there you have it, the invitation is yours, Come Fly With Me! I can't promise the locations will always be different, I can't promise the distance traveled will always be long, and I can't promise smooth sailing wherever I go. But I can promise that whatever epic adventures He leads me on will be recorded.

So without further adieu, here it is. 
The stories, The ramblings, 
The Memoirs of a Frequent Flyer





2 comments:

  1. Isn't traveling the best! Honestly, I miss the good old days of travel, but I still like the adventures that come with different locations! Can't wait to hear more about your travels and journeys in the sky!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Welcome to blogland...you'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete