Monday, November 14, 2011

Baby Update!

I was very excited this morning, because Roy was going to take us to Oring-Oring to see my namesake baby. For those of you who don't remember the story, Here's a brief update. Norvena Manny was a patient we had and she had very low hemoglobin levels and was on her death bed. She was also pregnant. But God helped us to get her some blood and helped her to give birth to twin girls, which were named Samantha and Allison (after my sister and I).
When we arrived, I was impressed to see that they had moved to a bigger hut, one I didn't have to squat to walk into. lol. Anyways, they brought out the babies and I was so excited. They have gotten SOO big.
While I was there, I learned that they have switched to powdered milk, because with Norvena's health she can't keep up with the amount of milk they need. But also, since they are poor, they had to buy a generic brand of milk. So the babies are a little malnourished, which is sad, but the parents are doing the best that they can.


It was so cute, they said that baby Allison smiles alot and she has such a giddy personality, whereas Sam is more serious and rarely ever smiles. But both babies are very good and don't cry so much. In fact, the entire time I held baby Allison she didn't cry once. She was so cute!
Sadly, Norvena is not doing very well. She has a cataract in her right eye and is completely blind in that eye, she is now forming a cataract in her left eye as well. This makes it extremely difficult for her to take care of her 9 children, and the dad can't help out so much because he has to work to support the family (especially now that 2/3 of his pay goes towards buying Powered Milk). So it is very stressful for them right now.
Roy and Shielah know of a Doctor in Puerto who could perform surgery on Norvena and he is willing to do it for free. All we need is to pay for her transportation, lodging, and food to get up to Puerto. So definitely keep this in your prayers. This surgery could make life so much easier for this entire family.
After getting our fill of baby time, we prayed with the family and headed back. It definitely made an impression on us, this family is struggling so much just to continue their day to day lives, I just pray that things will get easier for them soon. Please continue to pray with me and pray that we can get Norvena up to Puerto for the surgery.

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh.  Is there anything too hard for Me?"
~Jeremiah 32:27

No comments:

Post a Comment