Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"I'm Coming Home, Coming Home, Tell the World I'm Coming Home."

In the Manila airport, waiting to board our flight to Korea.
On Midnight of December 12, they opened the gate for boarding on our 4 hour flight to Seoul, Korea. LeAnne and I were so excited! We were FINALLY going home!
Watching the Sunrise in the Korean airport.


We were so excited that we couldn't sleep, even though it was after midnight. We landed in Korea at 4:15 am and were still wide awake. It was then that we saw a sight for sore eyes.....Starbucks!! It had been 2 months since our last Starbucks drink and we were SOOO excited, especially because they had their holiday specials out. So we each got a nice, hot drink. This, of course, didn't help with the sleeping issue. We spent the remainder of our 5 hour layover, on the internet and talking 30 miles/min. 
Keeping up with appearances in the Korea airport. lol, jk.
I would just like to take this moment to say, The Korean Airport is THE BEST! Not only is it spacious, with comfy seats, and numerous shopping/food options, it has FREE wireless internet and they also lend you power converters. After my last trip home, every time I went to U.S. airports and found the accommodations less than desirable, I would wish to myself that I was in Korea....which is probably not common to hear. ;) So as far as I'm concerned, the Korean Airport and Korean Airlines receive A+++ rating!
Finally at 12:30pm they called for boarding for our flight to Chicago. We boarded the plane with excitement...partly because we were going home and partly because we were overly tired and running on pure caffeine.

Seriously, do we look anything besides OVERLY tired. ;)
We soared down the runway and began our 12 hour flight to Chicago. The inflight accommodations we amazing, as is their usual. Almost the entire time we were flying over the Pacific their was crazy turbulence, enough to make me a little nervous. ;) I just tried to make myself sleep, which you'd think would be extremely easy, but I had to try every trick in the book!
Our long flight plan...
The last 3 hours of our trip we watched the sunrise from the plane.
It was gorgeous!
Finally, we made our descent into Chicago and just like that, our Filipino Adventure came to an end. It was a lot of fun. The new memories and added "miles" will be cherished for years to come. But, as usual when returning from a long trip, nothing beats sheer excitement of Coming Home!


 

1 comment: